When you create a CSS, Flare automatically assigns it a basic set of styles with standard properties. You can change those styles’ properties and create new styles in order to customize the CSS to your needs. Learn how to change the properties of an existing style and how to create a new style.
- [Instructor] After you've assigned your styles,…you might decide that you want to modify the properties…of a particular styles, such as changing the color…of Head 1, for example.…You might also decide that you need a new style…that doesn't yet exist in your style sheet,…and you need to create it.…We'll cover those two topics in this module.…So I'm going to open the CSS Demo Topic, right here,…and you notice that my heading is red,…so I'll click on the heading.…I decide that I want to change it to blue.…
So I'll click up on the menu on Edit…and then Select Style Pod in the Styles group.…The Styles and Formatting Pod opens up…with Heading 1 preselected,…because that's what I clicked on.…So I will click up on the toolbar on Edit Selected Item.…When the Styles dialog box opens up,…I'll simply change the font color from red to blue,…click on OK, and now that heading has changed to blue…and so has every other heading.…
So the second thing we need to do…is to create a new style, because if I go back…to the CSS Demo Topic, there's a tip here,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.