Cascading Stylesheets (CSS) let you control the formatting of your content and are one of the backbone technologies behind creating online information in RoboHelp. Learn the basic concepts of CSS - the hierarchy of how styles are applied from an external stylesheet, by embedding, and using the dreaded local or inline formatting.
- [Narrator] We're now ready to jump into formatting.…Formatting in a RoboHelp project is controlled by a file…called a cascading style sheet, or CSS.…So, CSS can seem esoteric and impenetrable…if you're new to it, with padding,…float, divs, overflows and more,…but if you understand the basic logic behind CSS…it starts to make sense.…So let's take a look at that logic.…We have two Topics here called Topic 1 and Topic 2.…
A Topic consists of a Head section and a Body section.…Users won't see what's in the Head section,…but the user material is in the Body section.…And you'll notice that each one of these Topics…has a Head1, one or more Head2's,…one or more P or paragraph tags,…and we need to control how this stuff looks.…So we do this in different ways.…The best way is to create a separate CSS,…or cascading style sheet file,…and I have one on the right called MyCSS.…
And I've specified that Head1 should be formatted…as Verdana 16 red, Head2 as Verdana 14 black,…and P, my paragraph tags, as Ariel 11 black.…That's it.…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.