Topic creation will form most of the work that you’ll do in a RoboHelp project, with most of that work involving the creation of the contents for those topics. Learn basic topic tasks: creating a topic, adding content, spell-checking that content, adding a bulleted list, and quickly previewing the result.
- [Instructor] Now let's dive into the basic unit…of content in a RoboHelp project, topics.…If you're just joining us and would like to follow along,…please use the exercise file called…RoboLynda - Basic Topic Tasks in the Exercise Files folder.…Before we get into the hands-on,…a couple points about topics, especially…for those of you who are coming to RoboHelp from Word.…In Word you're accustomed to creating…long documents, 200, 300, 400 page.…
In RoboHelp, you don't want to do this.…You don't want to create one 200 page chunk of content.…Instead you want to create something like 200…one-page chunks of content, in other words,…small chunks of content that you can string together…in different order like beads on a string…during arts and crafts period in summer camp.…So let's go ahead and see how we do this in RoboHelp.…So I'm going to create a new topic from scratch,…and to do this I'm going to click up on the menu,…on Project, and then in the New group…toward the left side of the ribbon I'll click on Topic,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.