Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto-creating a TOC, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
In the previous lesson, we created a folder structure in our Project Files folder…here in the Project Manager pod, and I mentioned that this can come in handy…later on if you're creating a Table of Contents, that is, automatically creating…one based on this folder structure.…So if you're following along with me, you'll notice I've added an extra folder…here called Courses and I've added some topics to that Courses folder. And as…we scroll down, you can see I've got things in the order that I want, and this is important.…First of all, you will want to make sure that your topics are in the right order.…
So for example, if you were to move one of these above Welcome and Welcome needs…to go first--you want to make sure that it's the first topic--you can collapse…these to get a better look at the order.…Same thing goes for your folders. If Courses is showing up ahead of…General Information,…that's not really what you want, so just click and drag the folder until the…green arrow appears above the folder where you want it.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.