Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and reviewing comments, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Well if you were following along with me in the last lesson, you know how easy…it is to add comments, if it's enabled, to a PDF that you send out for review.…But comments can also be added directly into your topics here from within…RoboHelp, and that's what we are going to talk about right now as we continue…working with our How to Use LDC Review project.…Let's go to a different topic though.…We'll expand Navigating the User Interface here in the Table of Contents.…You can expand Browsing and let's double-click Browsing by Author.…So in this case you can see we've got text.…
It kind of flows from start to finish, a little bit cluttered looking, maybe we…want to add a comment.…Now to add a comment you can simply click the Comment button from the Review…toolbar, if you've displayed it.…You can also go to the Review menu right at the top:…Add Review Comment, or if you prefer, use the keyboard shortcut:…Ctrl+Alt+M. But just like we did with the PDF, we can select text that we…want to comment on as well, as opposed to just throwing the comment in there anywhere.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.