Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a multi-line text field, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
When we first started creating our form, we started with a simple text field…where people could enter their full name and we used another one for entering…their email address.…But what if you want to allow people to add more than one line of text, maybe to…get their own comments, for example?…In those cases, it's a different type of text field you're going to insert into your form.…It's a multi-line text field and that's what we're going to do right now,…continuing here on our How to Use LDC Forms project.…So we are still inside our form.…We just added the dropdown menu.…We're going to hit Enter a couple of times and allow people to add their comments.…
So let's start with a label, Please add any additional comments,…and then we'll hit Enter one more time, and right below that is where we want to give…people an opportunity to add free text and allow the multiple lines of text at the same time.…So to do that we go to the Insert menu, down to HTML, and over to Form,…and this time the Form Element we're looking for is called Multi-line Text Field.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.