Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding graphics to a project, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
A great way to add some visual interest to your topics in a RoboHelp project is…to add graphics, and that's what we are going to talk about in this lesson.…And when you start adding graphics to a help system, it can be great by adding…excitement, but there can be issues or problems as well, because not all browsers…have the capability, first of all, of displaying graphics, and to complicate…matters even more, a lot of browsers allow users to turn off graphics, and if…that's the case, you are not even going to see what you are adding here.…But let's see how it's done and we are going to start here with are using LDC…project, looking at the Welcome topic.…
Right now, it's just plain text.…We have a heading and we have our normal text down below.…Let's say we want to add a separator between our heading and our text.…We can add a graphic from the gallery.…So we will just click in front of the W in Welcome,…we will hit Enter a couple of times just to move that down, and then use your…cursor key to go back up a couple of lines--that's where we want a place our…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.