Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a background image, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
One of the great things about creating FlashHelp systems is the number of…options you have when it comes to formatting and really adding pizzazz to your help system.…For example, if we wanted to create something graphical in the background, a…FlashHelp system is an ideal type of system for doing that.…So we're still working with our Using LDC project.…Here on our Welcome topic, we do have a graphical image that's separating our…heading from our normal text--it looks kind of cool.…If we go to some of the other topics like memberships, for example, and…double-click, we don't have that.…
Same thing for exercise files.…You'll notice how the headings are centered.…There is no extra line in between.…So if we want to start making changes, including what we see in the background,…we have the option of doing it to one topic at a time or to doing it to the…entire project at a time.…Let's just go back to Welcome here and take a look.…So we have our heading over here on the left.…Just for Welcome, we made that change individually to this topic.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.