Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Accepting and rejecting changes, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
With track changes turned on in a project anytime you add or remove content…it's highlighted, like we see here in our How to Use LDC Review project looking…at the Welcome topic, here we see documentation highlighted in red with a line through it.…That's something we deleted.…We can also see something that was added in green; Help system.…We also see comments.…Comments however are not considered changes as far as accepting or rejecting them.…And that's what we're going to talk about right now.…Let's start by going to a different topic and actually making one of these changes.…
Let's go to the Navigating the User Interface TOC book here.…We'll expand Browsing and double- click Browsing Software Titles.…So in here you can see we have a bit of text and if we wanted to make a change,…let's go to the word Photoshop, for example, just double-click here four lines…down to select the entire word.…Let's say we want to bold that.…When we bold it you'll notice that's not considered a change.…Nothing is really highlighted;…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.