Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to get help with Kangaroo, part of Grasshopper Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Kangaroo version two…is still very much in development…and at the time of this recording,…the selection of documentation and tutorials…is a little bit sparse.…Luckily, the developer knows this, and is making a push…to build up more and better resources for new users.…Meanwhile, there are some places you can go to get help…when you're using Kangaroo.…The first is the developers website…at Kangaroo3d.com, and that's the number 3.…Here you can see a bunch of great demonstration videos.…And while these are really inspiring,…they're more like finished product videos than tutorials.…
From Kangaroo3d the form links to the Kangaroo form…on the Grasshopper website.…And this is a great place to ask questions…and even talk directly to the developer,…I really like this little synopsis here at the top.…Gives a lot of great background information…that I'm going to dive into more as we get…to our later Kangaroo videos.…Back on the Kangaroo site, the download link…points to the food 4 Rhino page…which we covered in the last video.…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.