Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Grasshopper Essential Training.
- This course covers intermediate topics in Grasshopper, the algorithmic modeling plugin for McNeil's Rhinoceros 3D modeling software. You should be familiar with modeling in Rhino and have a basic understanding of the Grasshopper interface, working with component inputs and outputs, managing lists, and the data tree. You can learn all about those basics by starting with my other Grasshopper course, Learning Grasshopper. We're going to be working exclusively in Windows in this course, but almost all of the content will be applicable to using Grasshopper on a Mac as well.
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.