Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…Compared to most other software, 3-D programs…are one of the most time consuming…to learn and then you have the technical challenges of rendering on top of it.…Fortunately Viewer has a lot of great features…that will help you get nice results very quickly.…If you are still stressing here are a few tips…that may shorten your learning curve and reduce your fears.…First you should be familiar with Rhino.…The reason is the entire course is focused on rendering with V-Ray inside of Rhino.…Second photography skills can be very helpful.…V-Ray uses a lot of real world equivalents to leverage knowledge of cameras.…
We'll also include discussions of lighting, backdrops and scene arrangement.…Third and finally is patience.…Patience is critical to get really good at rendering you need to do a lot of testing.…Even though I will show you how to…speed things up, there is no substitute for experimentation.…But with a patient attitude, it can actually be a lot of fun.…Now, to get you guys in the mood, here's a few work samples…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.