Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Rhino for Mac?, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Rhinoceros 3D for Mac or Rhino for short is a great example of a hybrid 3D modeler. Hybrid modelers like Rhino offer a mix of two different modeling styles in one package. We have Surface Modeling which allows us to make very detailed, visually interesting 3D shapes and Solid Modeling which is generally more precise and geared to modeling things that will exist in real life. Rhino uses a combination of surfaces and solids to create 3D models and it works quite well with both. It also works with polygonal or Mesh Models allowing for applications like 3D printing, 3D scanning and imports from other 3D programs.
This gives us a flexible approach to modeling that allows for a more intuitive workflow. Rhino's also great for many other things that come along with solid and surface modeling tools that includes rendering, drafting, surface analysis, physics simulations just to name a few. Rhino's widely used and its architecture allows for third-party plugins that extend its use to all sorts of other areas like CNC toolpathing, jewelry design, mold making, animation and many others. Rhino is easy to learn, even for someone with no 3D modeling experience and best of all, with the recent release of Rhino 5 for Mac, Rhino is now available for both Windows and OS X.
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 44m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.