Learn the essentials of 3D modeling and rendering with Rhino for Mac. Discover how to use this organic but precise CAD software to design beautiful products.
- [Narrator] Hi, I'm Chris Reilly and welcome to Rhino for Mac Essential Training. Rhinoceros 3D for Mac or Rhino for short is a powerful hybrid 3D modeler that gives us a great balance of precise and organic modeling tools. In this course, we'll build on our fundamental modeling skills to work through designing a musical instrument from start to finish. We'll begin by exploring our design constraints, then manually modeling a prototype instrument. We'll look at using the grasshopper plugin to make a parametric version of our design that we can easily change or update.
Then we'll prepare prototypes for digital fabrication processes like 3D printing or CNC milling. I'll show you how to light and render beautiful images from right inside of Rhino and we'll create detailed, measured drawings and scaled layouts to give to our fabricator. We'll be covering all of these techniques, plus plenty of other tools and features. So, let's get started with Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.