Learn how to make beautiful renderings that showcase your designs with Rhino and V-Ray.
- Hello this is Dave Schultze and welcome to Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Ray. Using a penguin with glasses, a retro TV frame, and a funky birdhouse, we'll learn how to make beautiful renderings to help you sell your design ideas. I'll start off by demystifying some of the potentially technical terms. Then I'll show you techniques to make crazy fast renderings so you can study your models with minimal setup effort. We'll then dig deeper and check out ways to customize both materials and lighting for flawless and fabulous images.
We'll be covering all of these features, plus lots of my personal tips and tricks, and make rendering fun. Let's get started with Rendering Fundamentals for Rhino and V-Ray.
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks