Learn how to use vector addition to modify the default display mode of wind data in Ladybug's Wind Rose component. Ladybug and Honeybee are open-source Grasshopper plugins designed for modeling and simulating climate data.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'd like to continue where we left off from the last one…where we are visualizing…wind speed and direction data coming through Ladybug…using vectors in Rhino.…And what I'd like to do here is to…kind of change the visualization style that I'm using.…Right now I can see everything…from the time period that we're examining…just kind of smashed right on top of each other…and what I'd like to do instead…is to have the vectors kind of chained together…each one following the previous one,…kind of showing us a path…of how the wind speed might of changed over time.…
To do this each vectors anchor point…needs to be set at the end of the point of the previous one,…so they'll kind of chain together.…So to get started I'm working in the exercise file…0060 Ladybug display vectors…just continuing where we left off from the last video.…To get the visualization style that I'm going for…what I need to do is to get Grasshopper to add up…the X, Y, and Z coordinates of all the previous vectors…every time it draws a new one.…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.