Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the V-Ray presets and options to simplify and streamline, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…In this video, we'll spend some time using…the V-Ray presets into a lesser extent V-Ray options.…Now, the presets are a brand new feature in Rhino2, and are a huge time saver.…This can save you untold tweaking, and make your renders, render much faster.…We're going to find both of these on the Option editor.…So, let's go to the V-Ray toolbar.…Click on O for options.…So, this is the area we'll be focusing on right here at the top.…Now, one key difference in using the VR options is that they are destructive.…
This means that it wipes clean every setting in this entire panel below.…So as you know, there are a lot of settings there.…And actually many times this can be a good thing.…For example, let's say you have renderings that just are turning out weird.…All dark, or way too bright.…So you can click on this button here.…This is load defaults and that will repopulate everything.…That usually will fix most problems.…But then again, it can change things that you wanted to keep the same.…So, let's go ahead and look at an example of that.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.