Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Using V-Ray Express for quick renders, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…Coming right up, we'll focus on pure speed.…I'll be using the V-ray Express toolbar this time,…which is actually four toolbars,…materials, lighting, backdrops, and environments.…This will really help us render our project fast.…Even better, the entire collection is totally free.…Let's switch over to a browser.…So, if you don't already have the express toolbar or didn't know…it existed, you'll need to log in or create an account at cassgroup.com.…Once logged in you want to go to the download page, here is…mine and click on V-ray Express, then this will show up at the bottom.…
This is the download application that will install it on your computer.…You can put it anywhere you want, then run it.…They'll then be open inside of Rhino.…Here's mine at the bottom, docked into the interface.…We have the four tabs I mentioned: Materials, Studios, Lighting, etcetera.…Before we use any of these features, let's go ahead and…just make a quick render and see where we're going to start from.…Be nice for a comparison later.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.