Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Setup and run Grasshopper, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Okay, we've gone ahead and installed…the Rhino Work in Progress app…right alongside our regular stable release of Rhinocerous.…Let's go ahead and open up the Work in Progress version…and just do a little bit of setup…before we start modeling in Grasshopper.…We'll double-click to open.…Okay and let's make ourselves a new model.…Just like in the last chapter,…I need to do a little bit of setup…to adjust the units and the grid spacing that I'll be using…as I model out all the parts…of my musical instrument through Grasshopper.…
So to do that I'll go to File, Settings...…Okay and I want to check my units here.…And I'd like these on inches.…And we're getting this little warning here…about whether to scale the model or not.…Now this is a blank file so there's nothing to scale…so it doesn't really matter what we answer here.…I'm just gonna click yes cause that's the default.…Okay and now let's go over here to grid.…So under grid properties I'd like…to change my minor grid lines to happen…every eighth of an inch so that's every .125 inches.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.