Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a material library, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…In this next video, I'll discuss where you might get V-Ray…materials online, and then how to install them and apply them.…Obviously, you want to start with a Google search for…materials and that is a great way to find them.…Just make sure you're looking for V-Ray for Rhino materials.…Because you also find V-Ray materials for Studio Max,…and other software and these are not currently compatible.…So I do have a few favorite websites I could…recommend, but they always seem to be changing or closing.…So let's take a look at my search results here.…I typed in vray for rhino materials, and all these guys are really really good.…
There's hundreds if not thousands of places you can check.…Also let's not forget the Chaos Group, these are…the guys who make V-Ray, regardless of where you purchased…V-Ray you should set up an account and then you…have access to all the updates and freebies like materials.…So once you login you want to go to downloads.…Click here where I already am, and then the…material is under VRmats, that's there little funny shortcut.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.