Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving time with Rhino's render-time effects, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…While V-ray is the focus of the entire course,…Rhino still has some very nice features we can use.…The advantage of what I call a render time effect is greater…speed and it doesn't require you to make permanent changes to the geometry.…Let's take a look at three of these.…They're all located on the Rhino render tools toolbar…and they're located kind of here in the middle.…Let's just take it in order.…We'll start off with apply edge softening, and…I'm going to zoom in on this bird house here.…We'll just kind of inspect it.…
Get a good idea of the before situation.…So notice there's no filets anywhere.…It's just sharp edges on all the geometry.…So to filet that it would take quite a while.…You'd have to do a little pre-planning and make sure the…filet would wrap around every single corner and maybe experiment a bit.…But, if you just want to do a quick render and have it look…like you took all that time, then we can use this edge softening tool.…So, I click on the tool button, select the object, right-click to accept.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.