Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering tips and tricks, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…In this final video, I thought I would share a few…more tips and tricks, that didn't seem to fit anywhere else.…These are all pretty simple, but of course, high…quality, or I wouldn't be talking about them now.…Let's check em out.…I'm noticing that our penguin has got a mis-colored lower beak here.…So you can find out what material…is assigned, by going to the properties panel.…And then, under material, this tells you…what's assigned, that's not the right material.…We want to have the orange material and looking…at the same place, it says penguin orange satin.…
So that'll help me go into the material editor and then re-assign those.…However, there's a quick shortcut.…So I'm going to select the material I want…to change and then the same properties panel.…There's an option called match.…It's going to ask you to pick an object in the…scene, there's the command line at the top telling you.…So pick on the orange beak and sure enough, it changes and just assumes all…of the exact same properties, not just the…same material but the same layers, et cetera.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.