Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering with advanced options, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So we've got materials applied…to all of our objects that we're going to render,…we've got our lights pretty much all set up,…now we're ready to really pull it all together…and do the final tweaks…to render our musical instrument here.…So I'm using the exercise file 07 02 Rendering.3dm…and we're essentially where we left off…in the materials chapter.…So let's just do a quick Render Preview…just to see how things are looking here.…Okay, overall it's looking really good.…A couple things I notice are that I like the balance…between the key light on this side…and the fill light on this side,…but I notice that the overall scene…is a little bit too dark.…
So basically I wanna keep all the proportions of the lights…and the placement as they are,…I just wanna kind of brighten everything overall.…So we'll look at a way to do that.…I also notice that in the back of the scene here…there's a little bit of weird artifacting going on…and it looks like it's maybe the edge of my spotlight,…and then I get this kind of like…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.