Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Recommended peripherals, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Now that we've talked a little bit about…basic system requirements and the download…and installation process for Rhino for Mac,…let's talk about recommended peripherals.…Now, at the very least, when you're using Rhino,…you'll need to have a keyboard and a mouse.…A three-button mouse with a scroll wheel is ideal,…but you can also get by with just a one-button mouse…or a trackpad if you're on a laptop.…It's just a little bit trickier.…You might also use a 3D mouse like…a space ball, a SpaceNavigator,…or a space explorer, for example.…
In Rhino 5.2 for Mac, only the SpaceNavigator…and SpaceMouse wireless 3D mice currently work.…Whatever peripherals you decide to use,…know that navigating a 3D modeling environment…is pretty complicated and it's important…to find a setup that works for you that you're…comfortable with.…It'll really speed up your workflow quite a bit.…So, don't be afraid to experiment or try new things…and step out of your comfort zone a little bit…when interfacing with Rhino for Mac.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.