Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Recommended hardware, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…If you are on a budget, both Rhino and V-Ray have some…demo versions that you can download for free, but there are limitations.…Let's first go to the Rhino website.…It's up here at the top, rhino3d.com/download.…And here's the link for Rhino 5.…This is a full version.…And the great thing about this is it'll run for 90 days.…This is a big improvement over the prior demo they…had, which only worked until you saved it 25 times.…Also, if it ever expires, you can go ahead…and purchase a license, and then continue using it.…
Let's check the demo for V-Ray.…Now once you go to their website at…chaosgroup.com you will need to create an account.…Then you go to a download page, and here's where mine is.…Their limitations are that you can only render up to 600 by 400 resolution.…They do allow you up to two render nodes, and only four lights.…Plus you will get a watermarked image.…It's still a very nice deal to get the free software even with those limitations.…So I already talked about a budget.…Let's go to Educational Software.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.