Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing and exporting for laser, waterjet, or CNC cutting, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So, we've gone through a lot of stages…in constructing our musical instrument so far in Rhino.…In this chapter, we're gonna focus on techniques…for preparing our model for different…digital fabrication processes.…In general, digital fabrication…is a really powerful technique for testing…and developing different core aspects of our design.…It gives us a really quick workflow…to make changes in Rhino, have those in our hands…as physical objects very very quickly.…In this video, we're gonna focus on making profile curves…that we could use for two-and-a-half Axis…digital fabrication techniques.…
And those include laser cutting, water-jet cutting,…as well as CNC routing.…So we're not going to be focusing so much…on the three dimensional objects,…we're just gonna be taking the profile curves…and formatting them so we can output…to one of those machines.…To get started, I've opened up 08_01-2.5-Axis.3dm…from the exercise files.…And I'm just continuing with the version of the file…that I left off with in the last chapter.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.