Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing a design, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Narrator] I'd like to take some time…to talk about the process of preparing a design.…Now, when we get to the chapters in this course…where we're working in Rhino…to model our musical instrument,…I'll be talking a lot about design constraints.…I'll also be using a lot of measurements…for different parts of the instrument,…and you might wonder to yourself,…well, where are those coming from?…So the answer is my preparation phase…in working through the design for this instrument.…And when I'm preparing a design for something,…whatever it is,…there's basically three main parts that I go through.…First is, making sketches and ideation.…
So, sketches are pretty self-explanatory,…that's just drawing on paper or on screen.…Visual ideas for how you think things might look,…how you think parts might fit together,…along with ideation.…Now ideation could be text that you actually write down.…Ideation could be taking pictures…of inspirational objects…or things that you might want to sort of borrow ideas from.…So, ideation is pretty loose.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.