Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for 3D printing, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Okay, we're moving on…from talking about how to prep our model…for two-and-a-half-axis digital fabrication techniques.…In this video, we'll talk about three-dimensional…fabrication techniques, specifically, 3D printing,…although this could also include CNC milling.…So, to get started, I've opened up 08_02-3D-Print.3dm…from the exercise files.…And this file is basically the version we left off with…in the last video, where we prepared our profile curves…for two-and-a-half-axis digital fabrication.…Let's do a little bit of layer management.…
So under that digital fabrication layer,…I'd like to right-click and create a new sublayer.…And this one we'll call 3D Print.…And I'll set that to the current layer…and hide two-and-a-half-axis.…Let's go back into our Assembled layer,…we'll turn that on,…and we probably want to be in perspective for this.…Let's expand that layer down, get into our sublayers here.…And we'll just do the reverse…of what we did in the last video,…where we will turn off the curves layers…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.