Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing and baking, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Narrator] We're in the home stretch here in Grasshopper.…We've pretty much setup a definition…that covers all of our core design features…for this musical instrument.…Now, you might notice a few things that are missing…from the model that we did manually…step by step working all in Rhino.…And that's okay, so we're missing things like…the hardware that would go in the through holes.…We're also missing the keys and…we're also missing the fillet…that would sort of round over the edges here.…Now as far as the fillet goes…that's not a command that's available in Grasshopper…at the time of this recording.…So that's something that we could add later…after we bake our Grasshopper definition…into actual Rhino geometry.…
The other parts, the hardware and the keys…I'm just not adding since it's not so important…in terms of the flexible parts of our design.…Really I've covered the important things…that are gonna really be optional to change.…So things like the length and the depth…the organization of the holes and things like that.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.