Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the top profile, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So, we're making progress here…building up our model of our musical instrument…through Grasshopper.…You can see in the Rhino window we've got the profile curve…for the wooden base of the instrument,…as well as the through holes,…and those will act for both the base…as well as the wooden top.…And over here in Grasshopper…you can start to see our definition that's getting built up.…So let's keep moving ahead,…and in this video I'm going to take a look…at making the profile…for the wooden top of the musical instrument.…You remember from our manual modeling chapter…that is the rectangular piece…that kind of sits over top of everything,…and helps us to sandwich all the parts together.…
So let's jump into Grasshopper here,…and since we're making a rectangular shape,…it makes sense to start off with a rectangle component.…So grab that from the Curve, Primitive Menu.…Okay, and this is just like the rectangle component…that we used to outline that profile of the base.…So we need to input a base plane,…and that I'd like to set to the center point…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.