Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling metal parts, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So, we've spent some time…planning for the dimensions and the material needs…for the wooden parts of our musical instrument.…Now we can take some time to focus on the metal parts.…So I'm just continuing with the file…that I made in the last video,…the estimating-materials.3dm Rhino file.…And we'll keep building this out adding the metal parts.…Now, we don't need to be quite as careful in our planning…for the metal pieces of our musical instrument,…since what we'll have the fabricator do…is essentially start with some metal rods and metal tape…and just cut those down into predetermined lengths…that we feed to them through the plans here.…
So, not quite as much customization,…and it should be pretty easy to figure out…exactly how much of those materials we need.…So we can just go ahead and start modeling those right now.…And we basically have two sets of metal parts…that we're going to work with here.…We have the tines, or the keys,…so those are the parts of the instrument…that we will sort of play with our fingers.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.