Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling fret track profiles, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Teacher] Okay, we're making good progress…working through Grasshopper,…developing our definition of a parametric version…of our musical instrument,…so you can see we've got, in our sketch here,…some components that are setting up the profile curve…for the wooden base.…This group here that's controlling the through holes,…and those would go for the wooden base…as well as the wooden top,…and then this group here controlling the wooden top.…In this video, we'll look at…how to make the tracks for the metal frets to sit inside of…and, at this point, we'll just define these as…horizontal lines, so it's pretty simple.…
I'll just need one line here,…and one line right about there,…and then, of course, like the other parts of our definition,…we'll add a number slider…so we can control the distance between the two lines.…But, the main point is, I'd like them to extend…from zero on the x-axis to the length of our base curve,…and I'd like them to be centered…along the horizontal axis of symmetry,…just like we did for the through holes and for the top.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.