Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Making an exploded diagram, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] We're at a point now where…we've completely finished modelling our musical instrument.…And I'm using the example file that we left off with…at the end of chapter 4, so that's called…04_10-arranging-hardware.3dm.…So if you followed along that chapter,…you can use the end result file.…You may have worked through grasshopper…in the previous chapter and added some…more custom parts or tweaked some…of the design, that's totally fine.…If yours looks a little bit different, no worries.…One important thing to notice though…is that we are working in the stable release of Rhino,…we're no longer working in the Rhino work in progress…like we did in the grasshopper chapter.…
So from our finished model, my goal in this video…is to make an exploded diagram.…So that's gonna be something that's helpful…both to the fabricated who's making…this musical instrument for us, as well as…the people who are gonna want to build their own.…So kind of like the instructions you get from Ikea.…Many times you'll see all of the parts…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.