Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Make it pop with color corrections, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…In this video, we continue exploring the video…frame buffer, but focus entirely on using color corrections.…This is by far the most powerful feature, and it's my favorite by a long shot.…I've got a fairly typical render already complete.…So let's briefly analyze it.…It's not currently open so we're going to click on…the View a toolbar on the show, or F button.…So there's my render.…I would say this is an accurate rendering although to my eyes it's…looking a little bit not so much dark but just kind of flat.…It's missing some key ingredients, and…that is bright highlights and dark shadows.…
So, it's more like a range problem and that's…what the curves in the color corrections will solve.…First, let's open up the Control Panel for that.…This is down here at the bottom.…It says, Show Corrections Control.…And there's a lot of different tools in this one panel.…We're going to focus entirely on curve, which is right here.…It's a straight line now.…So that means there has been no changes to the…spread of colors, as viewed up here in the gradient.…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.