Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting the scene, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So we've done some…of the basic set-up working towards rendering…here in Rhino.…So we've set up a render layer.…We've added a backdrop.…And at this point I think we're ready…to start adding some lights.…Now I like to get my lighting set up…or at least roughed out before I start adding materials.…So before I start adding color…and texture to the objects I'm rendering.…It doesn't have to be perfect…but our goal in this video is to get at least…a roughed out three point lighting system set up…and we can sort of tweak it along the way.…But let's try to get it maybe 60, 75% there.…So we're gonna set up three lights…and those'll make up our three point lighting set-up.…
Now that's a general term for lighting…that's actually used in photography…and videography in real life…but of course we're simulating lights here…in Rhino and we can use a lot…of the same techniques that folks…in real life would use.…So we're gonna set up one light that's called the key.…That'll be the brightest light…with sharp shadows.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.