Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing our musical instrument, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Let's take some time to talk about the…musical instrument that we'll be designing in this course.…Now, this is a very unique instrument called the…Linguaphone of Tremulous Communion.…And it's one I actually designed myself…as part of an art project.…You can see a picture of it here.…And you might notice that it looks a little bit…similar to an existing instrument…sometimes known as a thumb piano or a Kalimba.…So you can see the instrument has these metal…tynes or keys here kind of sticking out of the side.…And those are plucked with the thumbs.…And that's what generates the tone of the instrument.…And we can also see there's just a few sets of parts…we have a wooden…top here, as well as a wooden base.…
Those are made out of the same kind of material.…We have these thin metal keys here…and then we have some round sort of frets…that the keys sit on top of.…And all those parts are kind of sandwiched together…just with some machine screws and washers…and on the underside are some threaded inserts…that help everything kind of bolt together.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.