Join Dave Schultze for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing V-Ray and DR Spawner, part of Rhino and V-Ray: Rendering.
…In this movie, we will assume you already own a copy of…Rhino 5, have installed it, and we'll focus on installing the V-Ray 2.0.…The best way to keep up to date is to…create your own ChaosGroup.com account, regardless of where you purchased V-Ray.…Then all new versions, updates, and freebies can be located…at one easy to find place at your account page.…Okay before we run the installer, lets talk about…two different ways you might want to install V-Ray.…The first mode, I'm going to call work station installation.…This is where you install the full application of VRay.…
This is also where USB dongle must be plugged in for it to work.…Also, I would highly recommend you pick your fastest computer, because…this is where you'll be doing the majority of your work.…But don't forget, you can still install VRay on up to nine other computers.…So they can jump in and help out.…This is what is called DR or Distributive…Rendering Spawner, and that is mode number two.…These are other computers which are on the same network, that…
- Why use V-Ray?
- Installing DR Spawner
- Understanding 3D terminology
- Activating V-Ray
- Adjusting quality settings
- Get quick previews with the material override
- Understanding lighting types
- Exploring materials in the Material Editor
- Creating your own materials
- Texture mapping materials with bitmaps and procedurals
- Saving time with V-Ray presets
- Getting the right size for your render with output settings
- Working with environment lighting
- Strategies for working with cameras and camera settings
- Ensuring accurate color for your scene with color correction
- Rendering tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. System Setup and Tour
2. Terminology and Strategy
3. V-Ray Express and Studio Tips
4. Material Editor Introduction
5. Material Design and Theory
6. Using the V-Ray Options Editor
Environment settings5m 49s
7. Using the V-Ray Frame Buffer and Color Corrections
Rendering tips and tricks6m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.