Learn how to download and install the Ladybug and Honeybee plugins for Grasshopper. This training video prepares you to make parametric designs based on climate data. Ladybug and Honeybee are open-source Grasshopper plugins designed for modeling and simul
- In this video we'll download and install the…Ladybug plugin for Grasshopper.…So I'm on the Ladybug website, that's www.ladybug.tools.…And on the left hand menu under download,…you'll want to click the link for Grasshopper.…That'll jump you to the Food 4 Rhino website,…And this site is a great resource for all kinds…of apps and plugins for Rhino and Grasshopper.…So towards the bottom of the page you'll see a list…of a bunch of different downloads.…Now, instead of a download link, you may see a login link…which means you need to register…for an account on Food 4 Rhino, it's free.…
And the download that we're interested…in is this Ladybug and Honeybee.…Now, at the time of this recording we're looking at…versions 0.0.65 and 0.0.61 respectively.…You'll want to just grab the highest…version that's available.…So go ahead and click to download that.…Okay, that download started, so we'll give that a minute.…While I'm on Food 4 Rhino, I also…want to download one additional component.…And I've already got a tab open for that, but you can just…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.