Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Kangaroo, part of Grasshopper Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you're working…in the Rhino 6 version of Grasshopper,…version two of the Kangaroo plugin will already be installed…and you should be able to see it in your tabs…under Kangaroo2.…I'm in Rhino 6 for this chapter,…and I've also got Kangaroo version one installed,…which is just labeled Kangaroo.…And that's because while the concepts…between the two versions are the same,…the components themselves are a little different.…So if you want to be able to use files…that were made in version one it can be convenient…to have both versions installed side by side.…This is especially helpful as you're learning Kangaroo…and referencing earlier example files.…
If you don't have Kangaroo pre-installed don't worry.…Installation is very easy.…And even if you do have it set up already,…the install process that we'll go through in this video…will also give us some documentation of the new version…that could be very helpful in learning about Kangaroo.…Let's jump over to our browser…and get on the food 4 Rhino website.…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.