Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning a physics simulation, part of Grasshopper Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Over the last few videos,…we've been working on developing our gridshell definition…and adding some numerical feedback…that can help us keep track of edge length tolerance.…So, in this form, we'd like to keep…all the edges as consistent length as possible,…so I'm just continuing right from…where we left off in the last video,…in the exercise file 007 form find gridshell finished,…and what I'd like to do here is add…one more goal, which is to take care…of these little flipped up corners, here.…Those don't really make sense for our form,…so I want to flatten those out while still…staying within our tolerance for the edge length.…
So, let's get started in Grasshopper.…I'm going to pull up a component called WarpWeft,…and that is under the mesh sub menu…of the Kangaroo2 tab, and what this does…is it takes a mesh as its input,…so we can go ahead and connect our mesh,…and what this gives us, essentially,…is a mesh that's divided up by edge direction.…So, we'll get one set of edges…that are running in this direction,…
By the end of the course, you'll see how even basic literacy in Grasshopper can be applied to developing projects for art, manufacturing, architecture, and design.
- Working with algorithms
- Modeling a base profile
- Extruding elements
- Finishing an algorithm
- Planning for mass production
- Customizing Grasshopper
- Scripting with Python and Visual Basic .NET
- Modeling data with Ladybug
- Creating a tiling grid
- Tiling 3D objects
- Using reflection symmetry and mirroring to repeat tile
- Tessellating tile in any direction
Skill Level Beginner
1. Algorithmic Thinking
2. Modeling a Musical Instrument
3. Customizing Grasshopper
4. Modeling Climate Data with Ladybug
5. Tiling and Tessalation
6. Simulation and Form-Finding with Kangaroo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.