Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video File setup, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So now that we've had a chance…to get familiar with some of the design constraints…and material considerations we're thinking of…for modeling a musical instrument,…we're ready to get started working in Rhino…to actually build out some 3D objects.…And our goal in this chapter is to build…a 3D version of our musical instrument…and we'll use that for rendering and visualization on screen…Also for 3D printing, as well as making 2D profiles,…or drawings, of each custom part…and we'll use those to show measurements and dimensions…and those will be really helpful when we hand off…our file to our fabricator to get…these instruments mass produced.…
So let's go ahead and jump into Rhino.…My applications folder here, just double clicking to open.…So we're gonna start a new blank file…and just get some basic settings taken care of.…So down here at the home screen,…I can go into new model, and this opens up…a totally blank stock file for us.…And really the two main things we want to set…at this point before we do anything else are…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.