Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Extruding solid top and frets, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So in the last video, we took a look…at how to make a solid extrusion of the wooden base…for our musical instrument.…Let's move ahead to look at extruding the wooden top,…so again, that's the sort of rectangular part…that sits on top and helps us kind of…sandwich all of our parts together.…And this step should be really easy,…and we can actually sort of recycle a lot of…what we set up in the definition previously.…So let's just review real quick how…we're doing this extrusion.…Okay, I'm looking specifically at this cluster…of components right here, so I have a unit Z vector…leading into an extrusion, and the base of that extrusion…is the fillet component, so again,…that's the sort of oblong shape,…and that's kind of the long rectangular shape…that's defining the outer profile curve of our base.…
So we're extruding that, we're capping it off to a solid.…At the same time, we're using another unit Z vector…to do another extrusion, this time of those three…through hole circles.…So we're extruding those into cylinders,…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.