Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Extruding the solid base, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] It looks like we've got all of our profile…curves made in Grasshopper, and we're just about ready…to start extruding some of those into solid objects.…So just to review here, I've got my sketch here grouped…into clusters, so I have this one cluster…that's making the profile curve of the wooden base,…and this group, and that's making the thru holes.…I have this group making the top profile,…and then I have this group making the fret tracks.…So in this video, we're gonna focus on the wooden base…of the instrument.…So we're gonna use that profile curve to extrude a solid,…and we're gonna carve out the thru holes…as well as the fret tracks.…
We'll make some little grooves for the metal frets…to sit inside of.…And just one note about the way that I'm organizing things…so far here in Grasshopper, that you can see I have these…four clusters of components, and those are kind…of arranged in a row.…In this video, I'm gonna start making a new row for my…solid objects, so these are all sort of defining curves.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.