Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Estimating materials, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There's an important part…of any design process that involves…doing things by hand, off the computer.…This could include sketching, prototyping,…planning, and research just to name a few.…In this video we'll use some of the tools in Rhino…to make one of those analog tasks…just a little bit easier,…and that is estimating the amount of material…that we'll need for our project.…Now remember, our goal is to mass produce…100 musical instruments,…so it's really important that before our design…is set in stone we have a rough idea…of how much material we'll need.…
This can really make a big difference…in the cost and speed of a project,…and it also gives us a chance to tweak the design…if we need to.…This is certainly something you could do…with just pencil and paper,…but Rhino can make it a little bit more flexible…and this'll also give us a little bit…of a warm-up with the software.…So I have here my blank setup file…from a previous video…and I'll just go ahead into the Layers panel…and I'll rename one of these default layers,…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.