Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and installing Rhino, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Downloading and installing…Rhino 5 for Mac is pretty straightforward.…To get started, we'll navigate to…www.rhino3d.com/download in your browser.…You can see I'm here already,…and of course, we'd like to download…the version for Mac on the right,…not for Windows on the left.…So I'll just go ahead and click…this Rhino 5 for Mac Evaluation link,…and this gives us a full featured…version of Rhino with a 90 day trial.…So we can use it as a trial now,…and if you decide to buy a full license later on,…you can activate this trial version with…your license code.…
Here I'm being prompted to enter…my e-mail address, and this allows Rhino to…send me a download link and an activation code.…So I'll just type that in here, and hit Next.…And I'll go ahead and just pull that download…link and the license key from the e-mail…that McNeel sent me.…Okay.…I've checked my e-mail, got the download link…that McNeel sent me, and used it to download…this disc image installer for Rhino version 5.2 for Mac.…And I can see the file here in my downloads folder.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 44m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.