Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and Installing Rhino 5.2 WIP, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Presenter] At the time of this recording,…Grasshopper isn't available in the stable release…of Rhino for Mac, so to get Grasshopper running on OSX…we'll need to install the beta, or work-in-progress version…of Rhino 5 for Mac.…The download page for the work-in-progress version…is a little bit tricky to find,…so I'd recommend just doing a search for Rhino Mac WIP,…and it should be the top link.…So let's go here to this Download Rhino for Mac WIP,…and here we get a very similar interface…to installing the regular version of Rhino.…We just need to enter our email address, click next,…and this is my download link.…
So I'll go ahead and click here to download.…Okay and I've actually already downloaded this,…so I'll cancel out of here, and go to the disk image,…so in your Downloads folder, you should see Rhino WIP,…some numbering with the version information,…all contained in a disk image, and that's our installer.…So I'll double click that to open,…and all we need to do to install is click and drag…this RhinoWIP.app into our Applications folder.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 44m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.