Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining design, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Presenter] This course is about how to use…the 3-D modeling package Rhino for Mac.…At the same time, it's also a course about design.…So as we go through and talk about the techniques…of working in Rhino, we'll also be talking quite frequently…about the core design aspects of our project,…which in this case is a musical instrument.…You can almost think of design as sort of the backbone,…or the spirit of our project,…and the technical tools that we'll learn in this course…will help us support that design.…Now, design is many things to many different people.…
To me personally there are four important pillars…that can help us to frame our definition of design…in this course.…First and foremost is creativity.…When we're designing something, we are making something new…that did not exist before, and Rhino is a great tool…to help us create things in a way that's pretty intuitive.…Design is also about research.…As important as it is to be creative, to think radically,…outside the box, we also need to know…the constraints that we're working under,…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.