Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Course structure, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Now that we have a little bit…of background on design thinking,…as well as an idea of what it is…that we're gonna be making in this course,…Let's talk a little bit about the course structure…as well as our strategy of kind of working through Rhino…as we develop the design for our musical instrument.…So our main goal here is to develop a design…for an instrument that can be mass-produced…at a relatively large scale,…so I'm thinking something like…100 to 200 copies of this musical instrument.…So because we're working at that quantity…I'm going to adapt my design to rely more on…traditional fabrication techniques.…
Things like power tools that you'd find in a wood shop…and less on digital fabrication techniques,…things like CNC routing and 3D printing.…Now we'll still have the option…to use those digital fabrication techniques…to make one-off prototypes…as we test different versions of our design,…but in the end, the large quantity of mass-production…I think is gonna be better suited…to traditional fabrication techniques.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.