Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembling the keys, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got our frets in place,…we can move on, to the second set of custom metal parts,…and, those are the keys. So, those are…the little metal tabs, that will stick out,…and, kind of get sandwiched in between the base,…and the frets, on the top of the musical instrument.…So, let's set up our view ports, here.…I'm going to switch back to the four view.…And, I'd like to switch a top view, to a shading mode.…And, I'll go ahead and zoom out in here,…and just find those keys. We moved those off…to the side, in the previous video.…And, I just want to go ahead and grab…one set. So, if you remember, we have…two each, of four individual lengths.…
So, I'd just like one, each, of the individual lengths.…And, we can just move these over.…And, this step doesn't need to be super precise.…The keys just need to, kind of, sit in between…the pieces of the instrument.…So, we've got a little bit of flexibility, here,…and, I'm mostly just going to be using the Gumball tool,…to move these around. So, make sure that's active, here.…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.