Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembling the frets, part of Rhino for Mac Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Male Narrator] We've gone through the process of…modeling each one of the parts of our musical instrument.…So we've got the three dimensional parts as well as the…two dimensional profiles that we'll use for the…measured drawing, which we'll hand off to…the fabricator later.…Now it's time to start assembling the three dimensional…parts together, and that will lead us into…being able to make 3D renderings, as well as a…3D print of the fully assembled instrument.…So, in this video, we'll start out by arranging…the frets in the little tracks of the base piece…of the instrument.…And I just need to do a…little bit of layer management, here.…
I've already got the Solid base layer turned on,…as well as the Solid top layer.…I'd also like to turn on the Metal Parts layer,…and I need to expand that down and turn on…the Solid Metal Parts.…We'll leave the Hardware off for now,…and we'll get to that in a later video.…What I'd like to look at here are the frets,…and those are these two shapes right here.…So, kind of little metal cylinders,…
- Installing Rhino for Mac
- Preparing a design
- Modeling metal parts
- Importing models
- Modeling parametrically with Grasshopper
- Extruding objects
- Modeling curves, surfaces, and solids
- Creating diagrams, 2D drawings, and layouts
- Preparing for fabrication: cutting and 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Raywith Dave Schultze2h 46m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Rhino for Macwith Chris Reilly7h 25m Beginner
Sketching for Product Design and AECwith Kevin Henry3h 45m Intermediate
Introducing Rhino for Mac
1. Setting Up Rhino
Uninstalling Rhino2m 34s
2. Design Overview
3. Modeling a Musical Instrument
4. Modeling Parametrically with Grasshopper
5. Creating Measured Drawings and Layouts
7. Preparing for Digital Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.